Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Sacred Grove in Washington



I teach the CTR 5 class in Primary. We have 8 boys and 2 girls who love to come to church each week. This year the theme for Primary is: Eternal Families. We are learning a new song:
God Gave us Families
To help us become
Who he wants us to be.
This is how he shares his love
For a family is of God...
I am reminded each week how grateful I am to be born into the church and have the blessings of mystrong family. Today I took the class on a field trip out to the church parking lot. It reminded me of the tall trees in the Sacred Grove. I bore my testimony about how a 14 year old boy knelt and prayed. In answer to his prayer, he saw a pillar of light and spoke with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Kate asked me: "Is this really true?" Yes, I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and did restore the gospel I enjoy every day. I know God hears and answers our prayers. I have a work to perform in this final dispensation...
Thanks for being part of my incredible family.
The church is true
I love you
We are children of our Heavenly Father
No matter what!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Wow. . . I haven't been to the sacred grove for a long time. How wonderful to have it just outside your church. The CTR kids are so lucky to have you sharing this time with them. You are a AMAZING teacher. (That's a FANCY word) It's also great practice at being a grandma.

Bacon Bits said...

You are always so ADORABLE!!!! I love u! The church is true!!! You're a daughter of your Heavenly father no matter WHAT!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!