Monday, September 7, 2009

My birthday weekend

I return to the temple each year on my birthday. It's my way of "going home". I am so grateful for the peace I feel and nothing is sweeter than remembering how much my Heavenly Father believes in me!I took time to look down and see Dennis Smith's name on his sculpture. My little piece of Alpine in the Northwest This temple was built after I was married...... The temple doors are all glass. They slide open outomatically when you approach. I should have taken a picture of the umbrella stand just inside the doors. DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT take pictures WHILE DRIVING....OK on the way home from the temple I found this banner: Happy 50th Birthday City of Lynwood. Am I really older than the city of Lynwood? A lady in my ward invited me to go to the University of Washington football game with her. Some people came in Limo's but Susan and I rode the Bus.... UW colors are...Purple and Gold (Guys really wear purple!) LSU colors were ....Purple and Gold. Lots of colorful fans. I wore my gold smily socks! Although there were hundreds of "rally caps" UW was not able to pull out a win. The Huskies lost every game last year so when the team made a first downthe stadium tocked! "I felt the earth move under my feet" The fans are excited about the new coach (A former BYU player) DID YOU HEAR...BYU BEAT OKLAHOMA!!!!! Way to go COUGS. Susan brought a delicious, juicy surprise. A fresh peach from Eastern Washington. I held it, rubbed it on my cheek, smelled it and savored each juicy bight. Nothing quite like a peach!! They taste soooooooo sweet. Thanks to my family in Utah and Tennessee for reaching out and celebrating with me! You are the best...not always the best singers but the best family ever! I love you!!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Vanee. . . . O.K. we LOVED seeing your adventure on the BUS. Your posts are getting so much better. The pictures of the temple are especially sweet. Isn't it wonderful to take the time to notice the little things that we may not see if we are in a hurry.
Way to go and have fun with friends. I'm not so sure about the "Happy Birthday Song." I think that your UTAH family, as off key as we were, sounded so awesome. Our hearts were with you at your birthday dinner even if we weren't there physically. Remember YOU ARE NEVER ALONE, and that's just that. All our love Sis. . . . you are amazingly wonderful at 53!!!!! Don't forget that EVER.

Elaine said...

I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday! I'm glad I got to talk to you on your birthday. I love you!