Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thinking about Dad today...



We are enjoying a warm, early spring this year and I have been remembering my Dad.  He had so many gifts and talents, but I always appreciated his ability to look ahead.  During the winter he would be thinking about getting the ground ready for planting new trees in the spring.  He set long term goals and worked hard to achieve them.  When I look at the miracles around me this winter I remember his ability to keep pushing forward.

Although this tree is covered in green moss.  The blossoms still smell wonderful!

My Dad understood what it took to enjoy peaches on a Cold Winter Day in February.  I am also looking forward with deep love, gratitude and appreciation for all that my parents taught me.
I love and miss each member of my family.

2 comments:

Suzette said...

Early Spring hooray. Thanks for sharing memories about Grandpa your right he was always looking forward to the growing season and taught us all the meaning of hard work. Enjoy the warm weather,
Love ya Aunt Vanee

Jewel said...

No fair, we are ENJOYING six more weeks of winter here. Thanks for letting us know that it is SPRING somewhere.