The "Glacier Peak" Guys have been hanging out and having a great time.
Wednesday began the Basketball tournament at the Tacoma Dome and 950 students were absent from school that day! Later today we are going to watch the final game. If the Grizzlies win they will have earned a 4th place trophy.
If they lose (which they will NOT do...).it's 7th place.
What are my thought on basketball?.....
It was a sport I grew up watching...
THE GAME IS PLAYED AWAY FROM THE BALL. Eddie Sutton, coach of the Oklahoma State University basketball team taught this rule. When Sutton was coaching Arkansas, he asked his players what they did during practice. They answered, "Dribble and shoot." Then he asked them how much time they thought they dribbled and shot during a 40-minute game--how many total minutes they had their hands on the ball. The players guessed 12, 14, 15 minutes. Sutton told them that a more likely numbers was 2 to 3 minutes, and he also told them what that meant in terms of the nature of the game of basketball. "Most of the game is played away from the ball," he said, meaning defense and getting into position for a pass. Something to think about.....

2 comments:
Who's the guy on the left? I recognize Jeff and Jordan, and of course Ethan (I really like his longer hair) but I don't know the other one.
Mom, our book club book for next month is "The Help" - I think you told me about that one. Did you like it? Right now I am reading "The Lost City of Z." It is pretty interesting.
Greg Tombelaine is a great friend. He drives a "fine" car....
After reading "The Help" I started speaking with a southern accent. The chapters jump around but it has some beautiful lessons on courage and unity among women. You will enjoy it's perspective on "motherhood".
Post a Comment