Friday, April 2, 2010

Following My Dreams


I love to go camping!  Really!! I love to be outdoors and so I reserved a cabin at Silver Falls State Park in Oregon.  My goal was to hike the trail of 10 waterfalls. It was indescribable. 
The morning was a little cloudy and overcast but the rainforest was very green and wet. I began my hike at South Falls.  It's 177 feet
I especially enjoyed the delicate spring wild flowers.
Three huge waterfalls you could walk behind.  I got soaked even with Ella's help.
Waiting for me on the other side of the canyon was this miracle...


North Falls was the loudest of all and I walked back into the deep dark caverns under the mountain.





Each waterfall taught me about power, strength and the sweet music of nature.
By late afternoon I was so glad to see my cabin in the woods.  My back ached my feet were tired and the cabin was warm and cozy.





So many small miracle, so thankful to feel my families love,  so grateful for a Heavenly Father!


Yes, I even found a little snow...


It was hard to leave my little piece of paradise behind.

Back to Portland, and then Washington.

Always make time to follow your dreams.....
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to listen to General Conference this weekend.
There is a God,
The church is true!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

The pictures look so amazing. . . like postcards. I can't imagine such a beautiful place of peace, nature and enjoying time to reflect and see all the details. Thanks for letting us share in this experience with you.

Suzette said...

Beautiful trip wow those waterfalls look amazing. I am so glad that you were able to get out and enjoy the beauty around, thank you for the post cards and for always thinking of our family. We love you, next time you go to Oregon we just might have to go along, what a fun place to visit.

Elaine said...

Cool pictures! I'm glad you had a fun safe trip!
Love ya!