Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Learning more each day.....

My daughter, Lindsey Potts,  just posted  details on her blog creatively introducing me to  the vogelkop bower bird. I have become a birder of sorts myself.  Please enjoy my  intriguing miracles of the last few months.

     For Christmas I recieved this charming, hand painted bird house from my mother.  She has always been inspired in sharing her gifts of love....


A few months ago Mom and I spent a week in Southern California at the Olpin Beach house....





This is a fun quilt Jan had made which captured how I felt...

One day Owen Olpin took us "Birding"




We  were lucky enough to spot a couple of "love birds" on the beach just before sunset...





In Oregon I discovered this abandoned nest.  Note the beautiful use of moss....
Last Tuesday, at Highland Park I heard some loud tap, tap tapping.

 Another new home under construction in the neighborhood.....

I would like to dedicate this post to my Sister Jewel who has finally earned the title of
"Empty Nester"....Congrats and Happy Birthday ...may you always keep working, building, painting and dreaming.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I've been so inspired by Lindsey's blog and your ideas. I think I'm going to work up adding a little more color to my nest. Thanks for the birthday wishes. . . I'm heading off to the paint store as soon as I can. Having an empty nest is a whole new adventure.