Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thoughts on Temple Worship.... For the Wilson Family

The last time Jolene Wilson entered the temple, she was attending James and Lindsey's wedding ceremony.  In the month's leading up to my daughters wedding I was concerned, troubled, unsettled and so I would go to Jolene's bedroom to visit with her and feel of her strength and courage.  Jolene's bedroom became a very sacred, quiet, sanctuary where I felt the spirit.  It was like going to the temple to curl up with her and talk....I would share my troubled heart-felt concerns and she would listen.....and respond:  "That doesn't matter Vanee'"  Gently, patiently, she taught me about eternal truths and how to hold on and focus on my Heavenly Father's eternal blessings. 
     Now Jolene's children are preparing to enter the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity in THE HOUSE OF THE LORD.  Because I love Jolene so much, I want to share wisdom of the Prophets reguarding temple Worship and also some photo's.

A gift of love, from a mom above..........

The Seattle Washington Temple grounds....



Jolene set a goal to attend the temple once a week while Lloyd served his mission to Argentina.  I helped her finish that goal and have continued the tradition of attending every week.
I saw this tree last week and thought of Lloyd's and Amy's wedding in 9 days.


   "Every soul when he comes here should be at peace in his own heart, his feelings should be at peace toward every other person in the world;  he should have no hard feelings toward anyone.  There should be no feelings of competition, no feelilngs of jealousy, nothing but the Spirit of the Living God and love toward our fellow men and toward each other, for here in his house we literally stand in the presence of the Lord."----Marion G. Romney

Congratulations Mike and Brenda.  You have officially been engaged for 6 days.
Lloyd and Amy you will enter the Salt Lake Temple in 9 days

1 comment:

Bacon Bits said...

cute pictures and pep talk aunt vanee!! can't wait to see you!!