Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally some summer pictures Memories 2009

Yesterday I purchased another camera cord so I could down- load pictures to my computer. Join me as we look back and count my many summer blessings. Jem is 2 months old. While his parents packed, loaded, packed, cleaned, packed and prepared to move Jem and I hung out together. He is such a cutie!!

Our Southern California adventure. Clive and Jewel drove us to the Salt Lake Airport. We were all grateful for the blessing of flying to Mark and Shana's wedding. Jewel got all her Christmas shopping done with the "Sky Miles" magazine. Clint kept us wondering and I was the last one to clear security in the airport. Wearing flip flops, sunglasses and shorts we rented 2 cars and with a GPS system we were on our way. California here we come! Clark joined us at the hotel looking relaxed before the BIG EVENT.



Shana received her endowments in the New Port Beach Temple. This temple holds a very special memory for me as our family shared a family hug in the Celestial room. Thanks Dad and Mom for teaching us the Gospel and showing us the way "HOME"



WAIT...Is That a Picture of Clive and Jewel in the Ocean?It's a Miracle!
After "hunting" up and down the coast, we found Huntington Beach. I wish I could capture the sights, sounds, smells and feel of the ocean. My sis loves the water and the first picture is my favorite of her. Rylie and Corteney tell Grandma Jewel NOT to swallow that fish!




Mr and Mrs. Mark Chapman sealed their love for time and all eternity in the Los Angeles Temple Friday, July 31 2009





A wonderful Wedding and a magical reception. My heart melted as I watched my parents dance!




This is the LAST "Fast Sunday Feast" with family for James, Lindsey and Jem. They are now living in Plantation Florida. Thanks Walter's Family for the memories shared in Alpine.




WARNING: Elaine, DO NOT view the next pictures......
After returning to Washington, Ethan had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled out. He was so brave and even did the warm salt water rinses with NO SPITTING! His "happy healthy smile" is amazing


I was looking for a fun place to explore and celebrate. We ate white cake with frosting and then I let Ethan drive all over Whidby Island. He did a great job, especially starting out at 50 MPH and driving down windy narrow roads to the beach. He is taking his test in the morning for his driving permit....



This weekend Ethan and I rode the ferry out to Whidby Island. These pictures are of the Mukilteo Dock. Yes Clive, people were fishing! This woman was try to catch crab and was using raw chicken legs for bait?




Ethan is really enjoying the picture of Jem in the Atlantic ocean. It's now our screen saver. I wanted to end with this thought about oceans and waves..."Life is a little like the ebb and flow of the tide. Blessings are constantly flowing to us, and challenges are constantly threatening to overwhelm us. They flow in and out of our lives, keeping us constantly on our knees before the Lord. But AS WE KEEP OUR COVENANTS and strive to keep the commandments with exactness, as surely as a need arises, blessings wash in."
I believe in God, I will stay on my knee's and with my open arms I will receive.
Waving goodbye from Washingtons Pacific Shores.

<

5 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm so glad you finally got a camera cord so we could see some of your pictures. That is a beautiful sunset!

I hope Ethan is feeling better and that he passed his test! Love you lots. Keep blogging!!

Suzette said...

Wow looks like you have been busy having all kinds of fun during the last weeks of summer. Thanks for sharing the pictures and also your sweet testimony of our Savior. Life is an adventure and it always helps like you said to start each adventure on your knees :)
Thanks for your example!

Suzette said...

P.S. For Ethan
Those are some big teeth...good luck with the recovery we hope that it is fast. Also how is tennis? When does school start? Hooray for the driving lessons I bet your great sometime you'll have to take a road trip out east and stop in a few places: Nashville, Florida :)

Jewel said...

Hay Sis. . . You are AMAZING, FABULOUS, WONDERFUL, BRAVE, CREATIVE, FUN, ADVENTURSOME, STRONG, and AWESOME. . . .You posted so many wonderful memoiries that have filled our lives this summer. Who planned all those events anyway?
I'm so glad you got them on your post. . . it was worth the time and sleepless hours to do it. I know there are at least 400 more pictures that you can share so lets do a WEEKLY post o.k?
I'm so grateful that you are only a phone call away. . . life can be tricky at times and I'm glad there is always a listening ear. I'm not going to any more doctor's or hostpitals THIS week.
I'm glad Ethan is doing so well with getting his wisdom teeth out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about getting that little piece of paper you put in your wallet that lets you drive.

Let's all eat CAKE and celebrate. I love you.

Elaine said...

Thanks for the Warning on some of the pictures. It is great to see all the places you have been this summer!