On Monday 53 "athlete's" tried out for the High School Tennis team.....Friday they would learn IF they made it......Ethan did not go to practice from 9-11. Coach King scheduled a singles match, Ethan vs the #4 varsity player at noon. (Mom's are not suppose to go and watch) WHAT? ARE YOU Kidding me? Not watch Ethan play his first official match.... So I dressed in all black. Wore my dark glasses, stayed in the car, with the seat reclined and tried to stay calm.....He won the first set 7-6. Yes he came from behind and won the tie breaker! It took FOREVER and I seriously thought about having pizza delivered to the courts for dinner. 2 1/2 hours later the match was over. Ethan had won the 2nd set 6-1. His strokes were strong, and he was painting the lines.....I think I am still in shock. I don't know if he will be playing varsity singles or doubles....but he is INCREDIBLE!!! No REALLY Talented!!! He has learned so much in less than 1 year....
Oh...I THINK HE MADE THE VARSITY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM........ He's off tonight playing tennis with a friend.
Tennis anyone? I'll bring the Gatoraid.

2 comments:
Wow I can't believe no mom's were allowed. I'm glad you were still able to go watch Ethan. Ethan good job on your game. That is great you are getting so good at tennis!
Love the disguise. Is that really you behind those dark glasses "MOM"? I have some other "MASKS" of sorts, clothings accessories, that you might want to borrow since it sounds like ETHAN IS ON THE HS TENNIS TEAM. . . . . That is awesome for both of you. See you on the court.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S.
Post a Comment