Friday, the "Yard Waste" container was emptied so I decided it was time to go pull weeds, dig for rocks and plant some flowers. It wasn't that warm, but I am trying to get the front yard cleaned up. I was listening to the birds and thinking...yup it's spring. As I glanced up the road I noticed a police car with flashing lights racing toward me. "That's new...I wonder what's up?"
"Get inside your home and lock the doors!" he shouted and then sped down the street. I gathered up my tools and went inside the house. Now what do I do?
Curious, I called 9-1-1
"What is the nature of your emergency?"
A police car just drove by and told me to get inside and lock the doors. Am I in danger?
After a pause, she said, "Yes, they are looking for someone."
'What did he do?"
She couldn't share that information.
"Was it in my neighborhood?"
"Yes"
"What should I do?"
"Stay inside and call us if you see anything suspicious"
I went to the computer. They were reporting that a guy had stabbed someone and the police were trying to locate him. There were so many police cars, fire trucks, etc. that you could not even drive to my home. Everyone came out of their home to see what was going on. Aparently a 20 year old thought it would be safe to hide down inside a porta-potty at Totem Falls Elementary. After he was captured, they hosed him off with the fire truck. That's got to sting and stink.
Hiding at an Elementary school? Down inside a Honey Bucket? I am so thankful that he was found. I hope each of you had a memorable Friday night as well.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow that's quite an adventure! Thanks for the funny story
I have had a wonderful experience of my own with a "HONEY POT" in North Carolina, but that is a whole other story. All I can say is that they are quite the place to hide or to hide something in. I'm so glad you were safe and that you got a chance to practice calling 911. How fun was that? You never really know how safe you are doing yard work. I'd be sure and just do a little of it, not ALOT. That kind of work is also pretty stinky and dirty. I think you have learning so many lessons! Be sure and write them all down in that journal of your.
Post a Comment